Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Some of our services have temporarily stopped or changed. See our Changes to Council services page for services’ status and our Coronavirus updates section for latest information.

Moving to the Borough?

Welcome to Tunbridge Wells!

Here is some useful information to help get you settled in.

Council Tax

You need to register for Council Tax at your new property. To do this, please complete our Change of Address form and give us as much detail as possible regarding your move. If your move is more than a month away, please contact us nearer the date as we are unable to take the details that far in advance.

Council Tax Discounts and Exemptions

You may be entiteld to a reduction or exemption on your Council Tax. To find out about these or to apply for them, please visit our Discounts and Exemptions page which gives you full details.

Electoral Register

It is a legal requirement to be registered at your main residence for the Electoral Register. You can complete the registration online all you will need is your national insurance number and date of birth. You will need to register before you can apply for either proxy or postal voting, see our electoral registration page for details or complete your registration online now.

You can also register to vote using either an iphone or an android phone by downloading the My Council app from itunes or the marketplace.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

If you need help with your rent or council tax, you can complete our Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claim form. You will then need to return this form to one of our offices with the required documentation. For more information on Housing and Council Tax support, please visit our Benefits page.

Moving House Checklist

There are lots of things that you need to do when you move house, we have compiled a list of people and companies that you may need to contact and let them know of your move. This is not a exhaustive list and is only intended as guidance.


You may need to know about the parking in your local area. To find out if you fall within one of our Residents Parking Zones, please enter your address into our Parking Zone Finder. You can also find information on our Town Centre Car Parks and Getting Around the Borough. If you need to apply for a Disabled Blue Badge or a Bus Pass you will need to complete the relevant application form.

Refuse and Recycling

You can check your collection day easily online and also see which bins your property is entitled to. If you are missing a bin or recycling box please let us know.

Schools and Libraries

You can see what schools and libraries are in and around the Borough. They are provided by Kent County Council, to find out more visit their website.

Things to do in Tunbridge Wells

There are lots of sites to see and activities to do within the Borough. These can be found on the Visit Tunbridge Wells website.

A - Z of council services