Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Some of our services have temporarily stopped or changed. See our Changes to Council services page for services’ status and our Coronavirus updates section for latest information.

Immigration Visits

When you make an application to the UK Border Agency to come to the United Kingdom, you may need confirmation that the home you plan to move to has been inspected.

If the property is suitable you will receive a letter that can be used as part of a visa application, there is a £97 fee for this service.

An inspection will:

  • Check for serious hazards
  • Make sure that the house is big enough for everyone who wants to live there.

How to arrange an inspection:

  1. Download and complete the Application Form
  2. Download and complete the Proof of Ownership Form
  3. Send completed forms in to:
    The Private Sector Housing Team
    Tunbridge Wells Borough Council,
    Town Hall,
    Royal Tunbridge Wells TN1 1RS
  4. Enclose a cheque for £97 made payable to Tunbridge Wells Borough Council, or pay using our Online Payments portal. Alternatively you can pay by credit or debit card. For details please contact the Private Sector Housing Team *
  5. We will contact you to make an appointment

* Unfortunately we are not in a position, at present or for the foreseeable future, to process cheques due to the health risks presented by Covid-19.

For further details about the inspection of the accommodation and details required about the applicants please see our further information document 'Immigration Inspections for UK Entry Clearance'.

A - Z of council services