The main message is to back up all your data on a regular basis and ensure your software is up to date otherwise it leaves businesses vulnerable to losing information, profit, and customers. There are several resources to support businesses in the UK fight data breaches and cyber crime:
- Kent County Council’s unit is called Cyber Crime which helps fight cyber attacks;
- Cyber Aware provides the UK government's advice on how to stay secure online for individuals and small businesses;
- If you have been a victim of any fraud including cyber fraud report it at ActionFraud;
- The City of London Police website has good information, links and support for dealing with fraud;
- Bribery: The government has provided guidance to help commercial organisations understand the sorts of procedures they can put in place to prevent bribery.