Skip to main content

Council Tax

If you have been financially affected by the coronavirus and are unable to make your Council Tax payments, please contact our Council Tax team on 01892 526121 or email

We would advise that you contact the DWP to make a claim for Universal Credit if your income has been reduced. If you make a claim for Universal Credit you will also need to make a claim for Council Tax Support. Please do not wait for a decision from DWP regarding your Universal Credit, use the link to make an online claim with Tunbridge Wells Borough Council.

If you are entitled to Council Tax Support and your bill is reduced, an adjusted bill will be sent to you.

Money advice service

The Money Advice Service (MAS) offers free and impartial advice.

Work and employment

Information is available on employment and sick pay for those impacted by coronavirus.

More information can be found on the MAS website.

Managing your money

Advice and tips on how to manage your money and outgoings including loans and utility bills can be found on the MAS website.