Skip to main content

Immigration property inspections

Our Private Sector Housing team can undertake immigration housing inspections for people applying to come to the UK temporarily or permanently.

The inspection will:

  • check for serious hazards
  • make sure that the house is big enough for everyone who wants to live there.

How to apply

Please contact us to make an application.

We will need proof of identity of the applicant and the person applying to come to the UK.

The following are accepted:

  • copy of current passport
  • copy of current driving licence
  • copy of birth certificate
  • copy of marriage certificate (where the person applying to come to the UK is a spouse).

There is a fee of £116.40 for this service.

How to arrange an inspection

Contact us and we will advise you on what you need to do, and make an appointment to visit the property.

We will ask you to provide copies of the current gas safety certificate and electrical installation condition report.

If the property is suitable you will receive a letter that can be used as part of your visa application.