You can pay for parking using RingGo, a service which lets you pay for parking using a credit or debit card, rather than using cash at a machine.
By using RingGo to pay for parking you:
- no longer need to carry change
- don’t have to use a parking machine
- don’t need to put a parking ticket in your car (Civil Enforcement Officers can check which vehicles are parked with RingGo via their handheld units)
- can pay for long or short stay parking
- can extend your parking time
- can buy multiple days of parking
RingGo is quick, easy, secure and up to 40p cheaper than paying by cash.
How to pay
Car parks offering the RingGo service will have signs and stickers telling you how to use the service and giving you a RingGo location number.
You can pay through the Smartphone app, the RingGo website or you can call our local rate number 01892 887 868.
If you have any problems you can call RingGo customer services on 01892 440 500.
You will be asked for the:
- RingGo location number
- length of time you are parking
- CVV number from your registered credit or debit card
The CVV Number (Card Verification Value) on your credit card or debit card is a three digit number on VISA® and MasterCard® printed on the signature strip on the back of the card.
You will then be told the total cost of your parking, confirm the details are correct and the parking payment is completed.
There will be no ticket to display in your car.
Civil Enforcement Officers patrolling the car parks have full details of your payment on their handheld enforcement devices.
|Car park||Location number|
|Commercial Road East||28505|
|Commercial Road West||28506|
|Linden Park Road||28509|
|Little Mount Sion||28510|
|Royal Victoria Place levels 1-8||28512|
|Royal Victoria Place levels 8a and 9||28513|
|Town Hall Yard||28517|
|Yew Tree Road||28520|
- calls charged at local rate
- parking fees will be charged to your credit or debit card.
- optional texts are charged at 20p per text.
- RingGo location numbers are located at each pay & display machine, please do not enter the bay numbers painted on the ground.
- you can download VAT receipts or give RingGo your email address and they'll send them every time you park.