Street naming and numbering
Please note: following Royal Mail advice, we cannot address land parcels.
What happens once the application has been received?
- Applications are processed as per the street naming and numbering policy.
- For applications including new streets, the council consults with ward councillors and the parish council.
- Once the council finalises the address proposals, Royal Mail is consulted for comment and postcode confirmation (5 to 15 working days).
- On approval, the official Street Naming and Numbering notice is issued and sent to the applicant/developer and statutory bodies.
- Timescale is application type dependent. Address changes and single address creations often take less than a month to process. More complex applications may involve extensive research or consultation between the council, applicants and consultees, which may therefore extend timescales.
Damaged or missing street signs
For any enquires regarding road signs please contact Kent County Council Highways.